Hello Pack 310 Families,
Some of you have been enjoying your Spring Breaks and others are getting ready for theirs. Hope you had fun. We thought we'd change it up and bring the pack together for a group hike this Sunday March 29th. Siblings welcome!
Where: Cherry Canyon (near Descanso Gardens, La Canada)
When: Sunday March 29th
Time: Meet at 1pm sharp! Hike will be about 2 hours.
What: A somewhat easy hike yet wear comfortable shoes. Flip flops not recommended!
Wear: Cubs can wear their pack t-shirts. Remember sunscreen!
Bring: Water, water, water and a hat if it's sunny.
Directions: For Cherry Canyon, take Verdugo Blvd to Descanso Drive - go south toward Descanso Gardens. Turn right on Padres Trail, make an immediate left on Forest Hill Drive and go all the way to the top where you'll see the fire road. The pack will meet there.
Scouts will earn their Hiking Belt Loop.
We will discuss these rules while on a hike.
- Hiking Safety
- Always tell someone where you are going and when you will return.
- Never hike alone or at night; use the buddy system.
- Dress properly for the weather and environment.
- Wear sun and insect protection
- Take an extra pair of socks in case you need to change.
- Obey traffic signs and signals.
- Avoid hiking along roadways.
- Stay on the trail.
- Be alert to your surroundings.
- Don't litter as you hike.
- Be alert to dangerous animals, insects, and plants. Never touch a wild animal.
- Take 1 pint of water for each hour you will be hiking. Never drink untreated water.